LUCID AIR LAUNCH EDITION
LUCID AIR BASE EDITION
Lucid Air EV
The Lucid Air EV is the first model of rebranded Atieva which changed its name to Lucid Motors in October 2016. The Lucid Air was unveiled in December 2016. Although no commercial date is set prospective customers can reserve either a base model at $2,500 or one of 255 limited Launch Edition models at $25,500. Lucid Motors announced a strategic partnership with LG-Chem on the battery cells. LG-Chem provided the battery cells for the Chevrolet Bolt EV at a rumored price of $145. The Lucid Air will be manufactured at Casa Grande in Arizona. Groundbreaking is expected in mid-2017 with the first model planned to roll off the assembly line in 2018 (late).
Lucid Motors released the specifications for the base model in March 2017 and priced at $60,000 before Federal and State incentives.
The features of the base model are listed as:
- 400 horsepower;
- Rear Wheel Drive;
- Autonomous Drive ready, although no indication of the ability itself;
- 32 cubic feet storage from two trunks;
- 12-Way front seats;
- Multi-lens LED headlights;
- Four screens, three with interactive touch surfaces;
- 5-seat configuration;
- Ten advanced airbags;
- Aluminum roof;
- 19-inch wheels;
- Ten speaker audio system;
- over the software updates, similar to what Tesla offers.
The Lucid Air will be available in a number of options, all the way to what was presented in its Alpha show car, allowing it to compete in the large luxury car segment. The complete package will cost north of $100,000 and although final options were not released the company provided a glimpse on some of them, being:
- 315 mile and 400-mile battery options;
- All wheel drive twin motor configurations up to 1,000 horsepower;
- Fully active suspension;
- Glass canopy roof;
- Rear executive seats with a 55 degrees recline;
- 22-way front seats with massaging, heating, ventilation and dynamic bolsters;
- 21-inch wheels;
- 29-speaker audio system;
- expanded leather trim.