The highlights for Chinese electric car sales in October were:
- Chinese EV Sales grew by 57.8% Year-on-Year, selling 142,678 units more than January to October 2016.
- EV sales in October broke the record for most units sold set only last month. October sales grew 9.9% over that of the record figure of September 2017.
- More than four pure electric vehicles were sold for every plug-in hybrid. Of the three new vehicles that entered the market this month, none were plug-in hybrids.
- There are more than 70 EVs available to the Chinese consumer currently, of which 55 are pure electric.
- Thirty-two new models, of which twenty-four were BEVs, were available to consumers compared to the same period in 2016.
- The Top 2 EV Brands in the China remained the same from the comparative period in 2016 but one of last year’s top performers, SAIC, was replaced by Zhidou in the third position.