The highlights for Chinese electric car sales in December were:
- Chinese EV Sales grew by 72% Year-on-Year, selling 240,000 units more than January to December 2016.
- EV sales in December broke the record for most units sales set only last month. December sales grew 16.8% over that of the record figure of November 2017.
- China breached 1 million EVs registered making it a foregone conclusion that it will reach its official 2 million EV target by 2020 according to our forecasts. Our forecast also shows that the country could potentially sell 2 million vehicles in 2018.
- Nine new models entered the market in December 2017, all of which are EVs.
- Two new models entered the Top 3 position while one new brand entered the Top 3 Brand list.