Chinese EV Sales – August 2017
Prices viewable by signed-up users only
Detailed Analysis of the Chinese EV Sales for August 2017. The report includes a breakdown by brand, model, technology, gainers, and losers. Users can link to each model’s specifications and performance for easy comparison and deeper insights on the top ranking EVs for the month. In this months report:
The highlights for Chinese electric car sales in August 2017 was:
- Chinese EV Sales grew by 41.3% Year-on-Year or by nearly 75,000 units over the same period in 2016 and a healthy 22% on July 2017;
- Should the current growth rate of over 30% on 2016 continue China will reach 1 million EVs registered by the end of the year and, it is a foregone conclusion that China will reach its 2 million EV target by 2020 according to our forecasts.
- More than four pure electric vehicles were sold for every plug-in hybrid. Of the five new vehicles that entered the market this month, 4 were pure electric;
- Thirty-two new models, of which 22 were BEV’s, were available to consumers in this semester compared to the same period in 2016;
- The Top 2 EV Brands in the China remained the same from the comparative period in 2016 but one of last year’s top performers, SAIC, was replaced by Zhidou in the third position.
- EV Sales in August 2017 was a record month for EV sales in China, even though the ministry did not release sales data for imported EVs.