China Monthly Report – Chinese EV Sales Data – July 2018
Prices viewable by signed-up users only
Welcome to wattEV2buy’s report for China EV sales in July 2018. We look at the Top brands and models, the gainers and losers and how the battle between battery electric (BEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) technologies play out.
The highlights for Chinese electric car sales in December were:
- Chinese EV Sales grew by 110.5% Year-on-Year, selling 233,000 units more than January to July 2017.
- EV sales on a monthly basis increased 65.2% on July 2017 but shrank 4.2% on June 2018.
- Total sales for the year stands at close to 450,000 and based on the 2017 trend of a better second half there is a chance that sales could reach 2 million for the year.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are gaining in popularity as more people are converting to electrified drivetrains. A total of 49 pure electric models sold 48,615 units while 16 plug-in sold 23,297 units.
- Five new models entered the market in July 2018, all of which are pure electric models.
- Consumers had 50% more models to choose from in July 2018 compared to July 2017.