Monthly Report China EV Sales – September 2017
Prices viewable by signed-up users only
Summary of EV Sales in China for September 2017
Welcome to wattEV2buy’s report for China EV sales in September 2017. We look at the Top brands and models, the gainers and losers and how the battle between battery electric (BEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) technologies play out.
The highlights for Chinese electric car sales in September were:
- Chinese EV Sales grew by 98.7% Year-on-Year, selling 103,000 units more than January to September 2016.
- EV sales in September broke the record for most units sales set only last month. September sales grew 7% over that of the record figure of August 2017.
- Should the current growth rate continue China will reach 1 million EVs registered by the end of the year and, it is a foregone conclusion that China will reach its 2 million EV target by 2020 according to our forecasts.
- More than four pure electric vehicles were sold for every plug-in hybrid. Of the three new vehicles that entered the market this month none were plug-in hybrids;
- Twenty-nine new models, of which 21 were BEVs, were available to consumers compared to the same period in 2016;
- The Top 2 EV Brands in the China remained the same from the comparative period in 2016 but one of last year’s top performers, SAIC, was replaced by Zhidou in the third position.