NEVS 9-3 EV
(SAAB 9-3 EV)
The SAAB 9-3 EV does not meet the latest Euro NCAP tests regarding pedestrian safety; this limits production of the vehicle to only 1,000 cars of each body model for Europe. NEVS, a Chinese-owned company acquired the remaining SAAB models through the bankruptcy proceedings in 2012. The NEVS 9-3 EV will be relaunched in 2018. The Chinese-owned company claims that it already has over 150,000 orders from mostly state-owned enterprises in China. NEVS also released an SUV concept, the NEVS 9-X SUV EV.
NEVS 9-3 EV SPECS
NEVS 9-3 EV SPECS
SAAB 9-3 AERO EV CONCEPT SPECS
NEVS 9-3 EV SALES
Interested in buying the NEVS 9-3 EV?
See how the price and range of theNEVS 9-3 EV compare with its competitors in key markets.
Go to our detailed breakdown of Global EV Sales to see how the NEVS 9-3 electric car fares to its competitors in the fast-growing EV market.
NEVS 9-3 EV IN THE NEWS
2017 Week 21 - NEVS announces mobility pilot with NEVS 9-3
NEVS announces a mobility pilot in its hometown in China. The company also released more details of the NEVS 9-3 which would be unveiled during the CES Asia in Shanghai, June 2017.
FEATURES, the new NEVS 9-3 series:
- The new NEVS 9-3 series offer a high level of smart technology to enhance the in-car experience, such as WiFi hotspot, over-the-air software updates and battery management by smart-phone.
- The new NEVS 9-3 series also offers a world-class filter of cabin air, “Always Clean Air Cabin” (ACAC), with a filter efficiency up to 99%. It takes less than a minute to reduce the hazardous particle levels for PM 2.5 from 500 to 50 µg/m3.
- The new NEVS 9-3 series are based on more than 70 years of Saab Automobile engineering experience. This is mirrored by the outstanding driving and riding experience through low center of gravity with smart suspension geometry and tuning.
- The Swedish heritage shown in both design, high safety and quality standards.
- The new NEVS 9-3 series has already passed through rigorous comfort, ride and handling testing and will be launched to the market during 2018.
- There are already more than 150’000 9-3 vehicles ordered, from different Chinese companies
- The fleet-management portal makes it possible to track and diagnose cars on the road in distance, which will significantly enhance both the drivers’ and passengers’ safety and health.
- 300 km range
- Prepared for mobility services:
- Digital Car-key in smart-phone App
- Fleet-Management Portal
- Vehicle-control by smart-phone
- The new NEVS 9-3 series EVs will be built in NEVS’ China factories.
2017 Week 4 - NEVS plant approved to build SAAB 9-3 electric vehicles
The Chinese-owned NEVS, who acquired SAAB technology after the company filed for bankruptcy in 2012, announced this week that it received approval for its 200,000 unit plant in Tianjin. Earlier in 2015, the company declared that the Chinese Aerospace entity, Volinco, signed an intention to acquire 20,000 SAAB 9-3 sedans for its staff, in a transaction worth around $1 billion. The City of Tianjin is also a shareholder in National Electric Vehicles Sweden (NEVS).
Not sure which model EV to choose?
wattEV2Buy’s easy to use EV Select tool helps identify which electric vehicle is perfect for your specific requirements. EV Select compare electric vehicles battery electric range over various vehicle types. Within four clicks you can get the perfect luxury sedan able to drive your required distance on battery power.
Unsure what the charging cost will be?
wattEV2Buy’s easy to use Charging Cost Calculator compare electric vehicles charging cost in your state and relate it to equivalent gasoline cost. The charging cost calculator also allows you to be specific and customize your electricity cost in kWh and provide results in miles and kilometers, making it usable all over the world.
#Top5 #EVNews Week 8/2019 – RIP Chevrolet Volt | Used EV market taking off | True Tesla Auto Pilot is here, but not yet |
#Top5 #EVNews Week 7/2019 – Crazy demand for EVs | What EVs to expect at the Geneva Auto Show Part 3| BYD EV line-up 2019 | New and updated EV models
#Top5 #EVNews Week 6/2019 – What electric cars to expect at the Geneva Auto Show | GM shifts goal post on EV profits | Nikola shifts on Tesla semi success