CITROËN ELECTRIC CARS
CITROËN is part of the French automotive company, PSA Group which include Peugeot, the luxury vehicle brand DS, and the mobility service provider Free2Move. The PSA Group’s electric vehicle strategy built on an all electric Common Modular Platform (CMP) in partnership with Dongfeng Motors. The CMP aims for a driving range of up to 280mi / 450km and ultra fast charging up to 7.5mi / 12km of driving per minute of charging. The company aims to introduce 4 EV’s and 7 PHEV’s from 2019. The company also manufactures other popular electric vehicle brands such as the Bollore Bluesummer on contract.
The Common Modular Platform (CMP) consists of the following elements:
- 50kWh Lithium-ion battery
- Weight 300kg
- Electric Motor 115hp
- Range 280mi / 48km (NEDC)
- 7kW Onboard Charger
- Charge 7.5 miles per minute
- Fast Charge 80% in 30 minutes
- Level 2 Charge 62 miles in 90 minutes and fully charge in 8 hours
- Top Speed 93mph / 149km/h
CITROËN EV MODELS
CITROËN EV SALES
CITROËN ELECTRIC VEHICLES IN THE NEWS
Week 18 2017 - Citroën EV stragety unwrapped
Citroën this week shed some light on its electric vehicle strategy. The PSA Group company plans EVs across the range starting 2020. The strategy mimics Hyundai’s strategy with the Ioniq, having an ICE, PHEV and BEV version. The approach is seen as quite expensive, but hopefully, the company gained some inside knowledge from the Citroen C-Zero, one of the first EVs of the decade.
Citroen CEO Linda Jackson was quoted by Automotive News Europe as follows – “Our strategy for electric vehicles is not to have a vehicle dedicated to electric, but to have electric across the range so that customers can choose a gasoline model or an electric model.”
1. The highly anticipated Paris Auto Show starts this week, and the event is expected to deliver some huge announcements for the electric vehicle market. We have reported earlier on Mercedes’s expected launch of an all-electric sub-brand, which includes the introduction of a plug-in pick-up, and BMW‘s executive not attending the event to trash out is electric vehicle strategy. Other brands to watch include VW‘s hyped-up mass market EV with a range of over 300miles expected in 2020, Porche’s new Panamera PHEV and Citroen‘s new Experience concept car. Various company’s such as Ford and Rolls Royce will not attend the smaller than usual event.
Not sure which model EV to choose?
wattEV2Buy’s easy to use EV Select tool helps identify which electric vehicle is perfect for your specific requirements. EV Select compare electric vehicles battery electric range over various vehicle types. Within four clicks you can get the perfect luxury sedan able to drive your required distance on battery power.
Unsure what the charging cost will be?
wattEV2Buy’s easy to use Charging Cost Calculator compare electric vehicles charging cost in your state and relate it to equivalent gasoline cost. The charging cost calculator also allows you to be specific and customize your electricity cost in kWh and provide results in miles and kilometers, making it usable all over the world.
#Top5 #EVNews Week 33 #China EV Goal #German EV Sales, new #Indian EV #V2G solution, #Continental EV Wheel and Brake system #Self-driving news
#Top5 #EVnews Week 32 2017 – #eHighway pilot on Autobahn,#queensland eHighway, #GM sells 5k EV in #China , #Nissan BladeGlider, #bolt outruns #TeslaS
#Top5 #EVNews Week 31 – #USAEVSales July 2017 #Toyota #Mazda #EV plant in #USA #Daimler kills B250 ED #BAIC #Xiaomi self-driving JV #Protera #EVBus plant